Thursday, September 13, 2012

Vote for the Next Book I Write

In October, I will begin writing my last contemporary book for the year.

Amazon Buy Link
I was going to try to squeeze in two more, but given the size of books I produce, I just won't be able to do that with my current schedule. I have a fantasy book in edit right now. I also have a surprise contemporary book coming out in December that I haven't talked about yet, but more about that later.

To recap, in 2012, I refreshed THE RIGHT THING and added some new content to it. I think most of you have read that book by now. It's been out for a long time.

I also wrote two brand new books from scratch. I'm including covers for those in this post so you can look at them while you read this.

Okay. Here are my choices for the next book I write:

COVERED IN PAINT (Book 5 of Art Of Love series) -- This is Brooke and Drake's story, and the one I've been intending to write next because I've been away from this series a long time. There is no cover yet, but I am getting ready to request it soon. All the second series covers are getting ready to receive a tiny facelift, so I was waiting until that point. I'm very excited to refresh the covers with some new colors and new art for them.

Amazon Buy Link
NEXT GAME I PLAY (Book 2 of Next Time Around series) -- This is Max and Taylor's story. I am having great fun with this lighter, funnier series and I have a few chapters already done in this one. Writing these books makes me laugh so I'm looking forward to going back to it. I already have the covers for Books 2 and 3. You can click the series tab at the top of this blog to see them.

Amazon Buy Link
DATING A COUGAR II (Book 6 of Never Too Late series) -- This is Jane and Walter's story. I wrote a few chapters just so I could include an excerpt in DASF. My intention is to do this book early spring 2013, but would not mind working on it now. I also don't have a cover for the book, but I have some great ideas. I recently found something I liked a lot. Since this book is bringing round the "cougar" theme again, I wanted it to be special.

Those of you who talk to me know that I really wish I could write all three this year. Unfortunately, even though I am finally indulging my geeky, science fiction side, I still haven't managed to clone myself. Whichever book I write will be the sixth book from scratch this year. Yes, I write fast, but this is seriously all I can do.

Perhaps the time it took finish DATING A SILVER FOX has left me feeling a little ambivalent about choosing one because I'm dreading the investment of so much energy--lol. I laugh because all books do that to the writer. However, if you want to tell me which one you want to read most, feel free to leave a comment. This is the perfect time, and maybe something you say might inspire me. I live for words.

In the meantime, I will continue to consult the contemporary muses as I work on my latest in the FTS series. I've found a way to release snippets of scenes during the process of writing the books now. I'm doing it with Book 4 of the FTS series if you want to visit the Demons, Dragons and Space Opera blog for a peek.

22 comments:

Karen Lawson said...

I vote for Next Game I Play. I loved Next Song and would like to see that series grow. I love the girls and laughter in that series and am looking forward to both Taylor and Emma finding love again. Of course, I'm also looking forward to Brooke and Drake and Jane and Walter. But since there is only one book so far in the Next Time Around series, I'd like to see it grow.

redjuliet said...

This isn't easy because I love all your series but Covered in Paint is my choice. I love all your series but I really miss the Art of Love family! I also want to read Drake & Brooke's story. Why hasn't Brooke let herself fall in love? What made Drake avoid another relationship after his wife died? I could on but I'm sure you're going to be too busy to answer my questions!

Nicola Armstrong said...

Oh I'm torn because I love every series but I'm ready for an Art of Love fix so my vote is for Covered In Paint.

Unknown said...

Thanks. I am paying attention.

josie said...

I am ready for Jane's and Walter's story. Just finished Dating a Silver Fox and really liked it.

Anonymous said...

I would love to get my hands on another cougar to read about.

LilianeM said...

I'm ready for the next in Art of Love. So my vote is for Covered in paints. You left us with a little taste of the passion between those two in the last book sooo looong ago... ;)

Alita Michelle said...

I Absolutely Vote For Covered In Paint! I When Drake Pulled Away From Brooke And Just Left, I Was Screaming For More Of Their Story! Covered In Paint!

Anonymous said...

Dating a Cougar 2 for me please. Loving your books.

Anonymous said...

My vote is Covered In Paint. I've read the first two and have loved them. Looking forward to more!!

karnj said...

would love them all but gotta admit i'm leaning toward covered in paint. before you know it all will be done-one page at a time. That is all we can do-one word, one page and before you know it it's done! oh, i know it's not that easy but when we read it that's how it feels. hang in there and just get busy writing one of them-we will read any of them!!!!

Anonymous said...

Covered in paint as I miss that series. Then dating a cougar two please! :D

Unknown said...

It's looking like the AOL series is getting some love. I will be checking. Thanks to all.

Unknown said...

Dating a cougar II please. I just finished ready all the other books in this series in a week! I loved them all and I cant wait to read book 6!

MamaYvonne said...

I vote for "Covered in Paint." I miss the 'Art of Love' series and am dying to know Brooke and Drake's story. :-)

I love ALL your books! <3 <3 <3

Maybe, instead of "Dating a Cougar II," you could call it "Dating a Cougar, Too." LOL!

Unknown said...

Mama Yvonne, while "too" is more grammatically correct, "Dating A Cougar II" is supposed to be a nod to Walter Harrison Graham II with Jane of course as the cougar....lol. Artistic license? Trying to hard? Too clever for my own good? Or "D" all of the above? lol

So far it is looking like "Covered In Paint" is getting the most votes. However, we have a few more weeks before I'm ready to start...

Thanks for voting!

Christy Townzen said...

Next Game I Play PLEASE!! Loved Next Song I Sing. Can't wait for books 2, 3 and hopefully Sam's story (book 4)? :D

Anonymous said...

Covered in paint please! Also looking forward to joes story. I read the free chapter you had and loved it

Anonymous said...

Definitely covered in paint!

Anonymous said...

1st- Covered in pain, 2nd- Dating a cougar II 3rd- Next game i play.

All your series are amazing, but would love to see what drake and brooke get up to first!

Anonymous said...

Next game I play!!!!

Anonymous said...

happy to see the AOL series expanded, i really missed the family. funny enough i always catch myself encvisioning them in a little english village ( i was born in europe, live in australia). my favourite is the scifi series though, nothing short of addiction on my part. you are an amazing writer.